Music is the thing that expresses the words we can not say, and lets out the feelings that would otherwise be held down and [c h a i n ed].

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Relections of the muddy pond five steps to the left.

1. What did you like best about the project and why?
I like the fact that we got to meet other people from different countries. The internet is a world wide web and this was a safe way to meet new people (but of course with much caution.) ALso, it saved paper! Go sustainability and enviornmental awareness! I also think that the extended periods of time were good.

2. What did you like least and why?
I didn't like the fact that the extended time period was six weeks. That is a very long time. I couldn't focus intensely those six weeks. It was too spread out for me. I sometimes even forgot about what I wrote about or what point I was trying to get across because we as a english class would work on other assignments too at the same time.

3. What was something surprising that you learned about the other students (from other schools)?
To be honest, I wasn't really surprised at anything. I knew they were kids about our age. They are so much like us in many ways. They like the same things basically, except their favorite celebrities are from korean shows also known as K-dramas.

4. How do you think the project affected your writing?
I fully used all the different areas of writing (ex:grammar, sentence fluency) In english, we don't usually get to work so intensely on each criteria of writing. It really helped me learn about each area and aspect of writing and by editting other people's work, how much each area is vital to a good paper.

5. Describe the most challenging aspect of the project.
I think the most challenging aspect of the project was trying to edit other people's papers. When we were focusing on mechanics, I was very tempted to fix all the grammical errors that were seemingly blaring at me from the computer screen with the look of "FIX ME!." Also, we couldn't talk to them face to face. It is different typing critizim/praise without any emotion/facial expression attached.

6. Offer some advice to future participants.
Don't procrasinate. Try to genuinely give good feedback, and don't fool around in the class time you are given! Use your time management and orgainizing skills.


7. Other comments.

This project rocks. It was an awesome experience and I hope that it is done again. It was so cool and different from anything I've ever done before!

1 comment:

CB said...

Jenn,

First of all, I love the "Save Your Soul" music. Who is it? It's making this late Friday grading session a bit beatific.

I just wanted to say thanks for the comments. You Hawaii students are generally positive but real at the same time--what sort of "maturity chemicals" are they putting in the drinking water over there? ;-)

Mr. B., Seoul