Music is the thing that expresses the words we can not say, and lets out the feelings that would otherwise be held down and [c h a i n ed].

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Faith: Live It, Breathe It.

Faith without action is dead. This is what my Sunday School teacher told me. So here I am, taking action and spreading the Word of God. I understand if you don't agree with me at all on this religious level. I understand if you want to bash my religon and beliefs; but remember I am a human with feelings. If you want to read, good for you. If not, then don't. Basically I am talking about the Apostle's Creed. First it is in Greek. Then it is in Latin. Then it is in English. And then is my attempted version of it. My verison is incomplete. You need to Live your Faith, To Breathe It; In Order to Understand It. Amen.

Credo in Deum Patrem omnipotentem; Creatorem coeli et terrae.
Et in Jesum Christum, Filium ejus unicum, Dominum nostrum; qui conceptus est de Spiritu Sancto, natus ex Maria virgine; passus sub Pontio Pilato, crucifixus, mortuus, et sepultus; descendit ad inferna; tertia die resurrexit a mortuis; ascendit ad coelos; sedet ad dexteram Dei Patris omnipotentis; inde venturus (est) judicare vivos et mortuos.
Credo in Spiritum Sanctum; sanctam ecclesiam catholicam; sanctorum communionem; remissionem peccatorum; carnis resurrectionem; vitam oeternam. Amen.

Πιστεύω εις Θεον Πατερα, παντοκράτορα, ποιητην ουρανου και γης.
Και (εις) `Ιησουν Χριστον, υίον αυτου τον μονογενη, τον κύριον ήμων, τον συλληφθέντα εκ πνεύματοσ άγίου, γεννηθέντα εκ Μαρίας της παρθένου, παθόντα επι Ποντίου Πιλάτου, σταυρωθέντα, θανόντα, και ταφέντα, κατελθόντα εις τα κατώτατα, τη τρίτη `ημέρα `αναστάντα `απο των νεκρων, `ανελθόντα εις τους ουρανούς, καθεζόμενον εν δεξια θεου πατρος παντο δυνάμου, εκειθεν ερχόμενον κρϊναι ζωντας και νεκρούς.
Πιστεύω εις το Πνυμα το `Αγιον, αγίαν καθολικην εκκλησίαν, αγίων κοινωνίαν, άφεσιν αμαρτιων, σαρκος ανάστασιν, ξωήν αιώνιον. Αμήν.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he desended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. AMEN.

I believe in One God, the Great One that created everything, Heaven, Earth, etc. I believe in Jesus, the Son of God, who was born through the Holy Spirit with the help of Mary. I believe in the Holy Trinity. Jesus as a human suffered under the Roman Rule and was killed. He was buried and was dead. On the Third Day He rose again to Earth to tell people about his ressurrection. One day, He will come again on Judgement Day. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the church, all the saints and the power of God forgiving our sins. I believe that Jesus ressurected with his body and I believe in Life. So be it.

No comments: