Music is the thing that expresses the words we can not say, and lets out the feelings that would otherwise be held down and [c h a i n ed].

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Eloquent Speech. En Espanol.

The power of speech. The greatness of the perfect word. Nothing can beat the satisfaction you are blown away with when you write a piece of literature. There is something instilled in you, that little thrill you get when you accomplish something.

I got that thrill, high on speech feeling today. My toddler-cousin who is two years old was my charge when we were walking around Chinatown(see Cheesy? Chinese? for more details).




Hola. Me llamo Ty. Adios. Hasta luego. Hasta manana. Los ciento.



I just keep repeating those same phrases over and over again for Ty to slowly comprend. Although I didn't brainwash him with enough spanish phases, I still have that sense of accomplishment. In class today, Mr. Watson was talking to our English class about Mr. Robert S. and his lifetime study of the brain. There are two ten-year cycles. In the first ten years of your life, you start learning things. My cousin is learning something from me that might be useful for him later. Just a few simple spanish phases. Golly, he could be fluent, just make him listen to some spanish tapes or something. Imersere thy toddler into the poetry of language!
I myself am a spanish student; learning the basics of: I feel cold, or what time is it? But just to pull someone along with you on your journey of somewhat-shoved-down-your-throat eduation; To be the Teacher who is Learning to Teach, next to the Student who is Learning to Learn. Ah, the great philosophy of life.

No comments: